Archaeology of Canterbury monograph series
Our first monograph series was begun in the early 1980s, with the first five published jointly with the Kent Archaeological Society. An ambitious list of titles was drawn up and the published volumes include many of the sites excavated by Professor Sheppard Frere and the Canterbury Excavation Committee in the 1940s and 1950s. Discoveries made by Dr Frank Jenkins and the Canterbury Archaeological Society, most notably around the city wall during the construction of the ring road in the 1970s are also reported. Two of the original eight titles are not yet published.
The New Series was launched in 1997 with publication for the Dean and Chapter of excavations in the nave of Canterbury Cathedral. Though retaining the title Archaeology of Canterbury, the New Series includes reports on sites further afield, such as in the nearby countryside at Highstead or Ickham or on the Channel coast at Dover.
Vol V Excavations in the Marlowe Car Park and Surrounding Areas
K. Blockley, M. Blockley, P. Blockley, S.S. Frere and S. Stow (1995)
Boxed set of two hardback volumes and wallet
220 x 280mm, 1343 pages, 580 figures, 163 plates
and wallet containing 30 outsize figures
Price was GB £60.00, now £19.95 (FCAT less 20%)